Old November 2nd 18, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default City plans to trial petrol and diesel ban

In message , at 13:33:29 on Fri, 2 Nov
2018, John Williamson remarked:
On 01/11/2018 18:12, Roland Perry wrote:

While I agree that regular vehicles like commuters' cars, and ultra-
regular users like taxis, buses and many delivery vans, should be
cleaned up, the hoops someone who drives a few miles in such an area
five times a year is expected to jump through (such as buying a new car
for those rare Central London trips, or driving the other way round the
M25 to avoid Dartford) is totally disproportionate.

Set the penalty at a bit more than it would cost to divert round the
restriction.

How do you measure such a cost? Just extra miles (and hence gallons) of
driving polluting people living further out, or does my time have a
value too?

My time as a semi-retired person, is probably worth less than someone
with an urgent appointment in Central London.