Old June 14th 04, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default Okay, so what was I meant to do?

"David Hansen" wrote in message

A few years ago I tried to buy a ticket for a journey which I had
made from a station with no open ticket office. The staff at the
station I had got off at would not sell me one. This was in the
thrusting era of privatisation, rather than the useless BR BTW. As a
result I now have a very simple approach. I will get on the train
and if someone comes along I will try to catch their attention [1]
so that I can buy a ticket. If they don't want to sell me a ticket
then that is their loss.

Recently I was ter) at Longfield, or on the train, or at Rochester. In fact
I obtained a PTT to the value of the ticket. On the way back, the conductor
cheerfully and correctly exchanged it for a CDR from Longfield to Rochester,
even though I was on the return leg of the journey.
Peter