Old June 14th 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

Default parking in putney

"Usenet" wrote in message
In message , stuvee02
writes
does anyone know where I can park in putney - I'm starting work there
next week for a short term contract.
preferably on-street free down a side road somewhere as near to east
putney as possible but I don't mind walking some way. Otherwise where
can I park for 8 hours the cheapest??

any ideas gratefully received

For free [parking you'd probably have to park somewhere between
Southfields & East Putney. There's a free zone along Sutherland Grove
(just off West Hill) but as it's right outside a residential college,
most of the spaces are taken - although, that said, University end of
term is about now, so you might be OK parking there until autumn.
East Putney is about 10 minutes walk away.

When I used to work in Putney - 25 years ago, even then we had
to park at the top of the hill, in the lay-by thingy by the Heath.

It can't have got any better.

tim