Old July 23rd 03, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Met Line Strike

"Gerard McGovern" wrote in message ...
He made a mistake. Unfortunately that mistake a) is unforgivable and b)
could have resulted in any number of people being killed or seriously
injured. Therefore he got fired. Simple as that really.

From the way I've read it , the issue isn't that he opened the doors on
the wrong side , ok that was a bit silly but we all make mistakes , it was
the fact that he didn't bother to check that no one had been hurt! I mean
what was he thinking , "ok , no one has screamed so they're all ok" ??
If someone had fallen out onto the track and got killed and he didn't report it
this guy would be facing a LOT worse than just the prospect of losing his job.

Therefor I agree that the boot is the only way to go. You can't have people
blatantly ignoring fundamental safety rules.

B2003