Old June 14th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Marcus Fox Marcus Fox is offline

Default Okay, so what was I meant to do?

I've just realised something quite shocking. If I'd got onto
Thameslink whilst within LU fare control and changed at Luton (I had
plenty of time - there's a big gap before the 2340), I could have got
from Kingston to Leicester for 5p. This really takes the ****. No
wonder our railways are losing money.

Possibly. However, that line is usually quite well manned by TIs, especially
in the evenings when the ticket offices are closed. In fact you are almost
guaranteed to get one unless the train is packed due to people returning
from some sporting event.

Marcus