Old June 15th 04, 04:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Oyster Pre pay : how does it know what route I took ?

Luke Ross wrote in message ...
My belief is oyster will charge you the cheapest (ie not zone 1 in this
case) fare unless you were to pass through an intermediate gate. I think
it has been suggested that an RPI can mark on the card that you
travelled through zone 1, but unless that happens then the system can't
be sure so charges you the least. Consider it a possible win! :-)

Luke

So, Wimbledon to Notting Hill Gate would be charged for Zone 3-2
(change at earls court and ealing broadway), not 3-2-1 (direct on the
wimbleware)?

What about Hammersmith to White City, via zone 1 or via zone?

Would be so much easier if they made High Street Kensington a zone1/2
station.