Old November 24th 18, 11:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jonathan Amery Jonathan Amery is offline

Default Aldwych (was IBM Halt to close :( )

In article ,
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 24/11/2018 11:02, Robin wrote:
JOOI is there a physical (rather than economic) reason Aldwych could
never be joined to Green Park using the old Jubilee tunnels?

IIRC it is at right angles to the River line tunnels.

The original Fleet Line plans called for the line to continue beyond
Charing Cross to Aldwych, but they would have involved new deeper
platforms at Aldwych. The line at Charing Cross does continue most of
the way to Aldwych.

If you wanted to join up from the other end your best bet would be
either a second W&C-style shuttle service or a branch off either
Northern or Bakerloo at Waterloo.

--
Jonathan Amery. Through many dangers, toils and snares,
##### I have already come;