Old June 15th 04, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
u n d e r a c h i e v e r u n d e r a c h i e v e r is offline

Default Oyster and oneday Travelcards -- when?

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:32:09 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
Ian Tindale typed

Oyster is a total waste of time and money.

I disagree. It *can* save you money (especially on weekend Tube fares)
but you *really* have to know what your travelling pattern is likely to
be are work out the fares first.

ok, but I don't know what my travel patterns are in advance each day. So I want the convenience of turn-up-and-go and i do not want to pay over the odds if I can help it. Today feels like the sort of day I'm going to get stung; I've done three bus journeys and a short hop on the tube already (and a river boat journey as well!). Somedays I dont' use public transport at all.

Wot, like £1 calling credit on a £29.99 sim from Orange????

Virgin SIMs used to cost a tenner and have a tenners credit. No idea if they still do...

--
u n d e r a c h i e v e r