Old November 27th 18, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] blt_2I79fn@puylt0wj1l821.com is offline

Default New timetables online: Park Royal parly to be diverted

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 11:09:16 +0000
Robin9 wrote:
'Basil Jet[_4_ Wrote:
Incidentally, GWR use the Paddington
- Park Royal - Ealing - Paddington for turning trains that have
ended up the wrong way round. How will they turn trains
after the line is severed, or will the line be too busy to
even think about it?

Basil Jet .

Presumably, they'll simply change locomotives in Acton Yard.

On a related topic, I've often wondered why almost all US locomotives are
single ended. I realise the routes are long and the trains are usually topped
and tailed, but you'd think from a simple operational POV it would be simpler
to have a cab at both ends so you don't have to turn them or can only have them
leading in 1 direction.