Old November 28th 18, 04:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default New timetables online: Park Royal parly to be diverted

On 28/11/2018 15:49, Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 28/11/2018 12:33, Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
NY wrote:
I'm not sure why a north-to-west facing curve was never built between the
Heathrow spur and the GWML, to allow trains from Reading, Oxford, Bristol
and south Wales to reach Heathrow - even if it involved a change to a
Reading-Heathrow shuttle.

Because the line is at capacity from Newbury to Paddington.

So which services through Reading are you going to divert to
Heathrow? They have to be fast trains, otherwise it'll be quicker
to go to non-stop Paddington and change there.

You missed the bit about a Reading - Heathrow shuttle.

How can a Reading to Heathrow service avoid the line between Newbury
and Paddington (via Reading)? Because that whole section is at
capacity, AIUI, which was the basis for the rest of my comments.

Given the paths are half occupied from Airport junction inward then
there should be space west of Slough on the relief lines.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.