Old June 15th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Tindale Ian Tindale is offline

Default Oyster and oneday Travelcards -- when?

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:38:10 +0100, Ian Tindale wrote:

Typical of a money-grabbing transport system with an
unrealistically overpriced fat-cat fare structure. This is why there's no
industry or jobs in London any more - every time one goes out of the house
it costs a flaming fortune.

So I assume the transport system is shutting up shop tomorrow as there
is no industry in London and no jobs? What a stupid thing to say. You
might not like Oyster - that's fine but don't make stupid comments to
over inflate your position.

I presume you have now purchased a mega cheap car, insured it, filled it
full of nice cheap petrol and have set money aside for the maintenance
and repair costs? Happy travels.

Of course not. I am not a murderer. I don't have anything to do with cars,
and I don't like to be accused of killing people slowly and sometimes
quickly as do all other arrogant selfish moronic car drivers. I hate cars
and car drivers. All of those items would cost far more than can be
afforded anyway. The current cost of a travelcard usually entails borrowing
enough to cover it as it is, but from time to time this is achievable.
Where on earth do you think the money that covers the cost of driving
lessons, numerous tests after tests until somehow a pass is obtained, the
capital cost of a car, the poisonous fuel, the other complicated costs that
go with it is suddenly going to appear from? There is none.
--
Ian Tindale