Old June 15th 04, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Oyster and oneday Travelcards -- when?

Ian Tindale wrote the following in:

*and that's another thing - why was I penalised £3 just to carry
around this useless card for a while?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's because pyster will let you
through the gates with no money and leave you with a negative balance
at the other end. If there was no deposit for getting a card, people
could get an Oyster, go through the gates, chuck it away with the
negative balance and then get another Oyster for getting back home.

--
message by Robin May-Silk and my close friend, Robert Kilroy-Kotton
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

http://robinmay.fotopic.net
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.