Old June 15th 04, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Tindale Ian Tindale is offline

Default Oyster and oneday Travelcards -- when?

Robin May wrote:

Ian Tindale wrote the following in:

*and that's another thing - why was I penalised £3 just to carry
around this useless card for a while?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's because pyster will let you
through the gates with no money and leave you with a negative balance
at the other end. If there was no deposit for getting a card, people
could get an Oyster, go through the gates, chuck it away with the
negative balance and then get another Oyster for getting back home.

That's interesting. How many times are you allowed to rack up successive
negative balance on the one card?

--
Ian Tindale