Old June 15th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Was No Puter' No train tickets, OT Stansted cashpoints AND Gatwick Cashpoints

"Richard J." wrote in message
Roland Perry wrote:

If I took a taxi ride and didn't pay, isn't that still against the
law?

The point is that in order to avoid paying exchange charges you chose to
rely on the ATMs at Gatwick in order to obtain UK cash. There is a
clear risk in doing so, as in any situation where you have to pay cash
and choose to rely on using an ATM immediately beforehand. What
happened to the UK cash that you had when you left the UK last time?
Most people retain some for their return journey.

Our local hire car firms take credit cards (and debit cards, no doubt).
Doesn't yours?
--
Terry Harper
http://www.terry.harper.btinternet.co.uk/