Old December 9th 18, 05:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Fulham Broadway station query

On 09/12/2018 16:53, Recliner wrote:
Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 07/12/2018 17:10, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over £6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at £2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under £2, and I think all were under £3.

When and where?

My local Spoons in suburban south London often has at least some
sub-GBP3 pints - I've seen a beer at near enough half the price the
nearby "nice" pub was charging for it - and I saw a sub-GBP2 one
recently (probably in Croydon or South Norwood).

I had a look at the new St Pancras one the other day. GBP4...

Yes, their prices are very location-dependent, but usually much lower than
the local competition.

Why? Are they awful?

--
Basil Jet - listening... St. Vincent. Star Park. Stealing Sheep. Stephen
Mallinder. Stereolab. Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel. Steve Mackay. Steve