Old December 9th 18, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Fulham Broadway station query

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 21:48:24 +0000, Graeme Wall
wrote:

On 09/12/2018 21:28, Recliner wrote:
On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 18:41:39 +0000, Graeme Wall
wrote:

On 09/12/2018 18:26, Basil Jet wrote:
On 09/12/2018 16:53, Recliner wrote:
Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 07/12/2018 17:10, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over £6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at £2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under £2, and I think all were under £3.

When and where?

My local Spoons in suburban south London often has at least some
sub-GBP3 pints - I've seen a beer at near enough half the price the
nearby "nice" pub was charging for it - and I saw a sub-GBP2 one
recently (probably in Croydon or South Norwood).

I had a look at the new St Pancras one the other day. GBP4...

Yes, their prices are very location-dependent, but usually much lower
than the local competition.

Why? Are they awful?

Their USP is cheap beer and food.

Along with no loud music and a choice of real ales. I like them, as do
many others.

Depends, some are very good, others have got very tatty and are often
understaffed.

Yes, they can be slow to clear away empty glasses, dirty plates, etc.