Old June 15th 04, 10:41 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london
Al Al is offline

Default Was No Puter' No train tickets, OT Stansted cashpoints AND Gatwick Cashpoints

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , Al
writes
You are willing to spend not a penny of your cash ameliorating that risk
-- nor will apparently spend a moment of your time planning against the
day one of those risks hit.

Indeed, I'm acting just like any UK resident does when he runs out of
cash: I go and look for an ATM.

I'm afraid, Mr Perry, that you are projecting again. I venture that most
people that run out of cash look in their wallet before going to the ATM,
but perhaps you have evidence otherwise?

Are you suggesting that all UK residents
should have a special reserve of cash, which they never spend, just in
case they encounter one of the risks you mention. They'd laugh you out
of town!

Until recently, I had twenty quid in the office that I used on the frequent
occasions that the local ATMs weren't open to pay for a cab. I have another
twenty behind the biz cards in me wallet for the occasions I was out of the
office and needed a cab home. I have roughly ten quid in the car to pay for
parking. When I spent time in NY, I always flew out with a hundred quid in
the wallet for when I came back, and flew in with 'one hundred fifty' of
their funny money for when I flew out. Cost of the money was zero as I
already owned it. Cost of the time spent in each case is roughly 3 seconds.

Laugh me out of town? Perhaps you would. Just remember to wave hello on
those dark and stormy nights at Stansted as my taxi swooshes past while
you're still looking for a cashpoint!
--
Al