Old June 16th 04, 07:10 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Was No Puter' No train tickets, OT Stansted cashpoints AND Gatwick Cashpoints

In message , Al
writes
Then this is even worse for Mr Perry! There is absolutely no financial cost
whatsoever to taking the pounds he may need on the way back with him at the
time he flies out, much less have to convert foreign money to GBP when he
comes to fly back.

I'm out of the USA for months at a time. So there is some cost
associated with keeping lots of sterling with me. This was also the
first time I've used a taxi on arrival for several years - normally use
the train (but let's not get into the difficulty of buying a ticket
quickly at Gatwick station).