Old June 16th 04, 09:45 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Was No Puter' No train tickets, OT Stansted cashpoints AND Gatwick Cashpoints

In message , Al
writes
Nor do I expect them to. Nor did any normal soul expect BCCI to go bust,
given that the BoE had licenced them.

I think you'll find that the bank of England had *not* licensed them as
a Bank and had refused to do so on at least one occasion. They were a
"Licensed Deposit Taker" (I think that's the right phrase). That in
itself would have sent alarm bells wringing with me, not sure about the
rest of you.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for