Old December 16th 18, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] blt_a9@pp3k5ju4bc8g.ac.uk is offline

Default Sadiq's looming poll tax moment

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 17:49:25 +0000
John Williamson wrote:
On 14/12/2018 16:43, wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 16:10:59 -0000
"tim..." wrote:
I think you underestimate the chaos which "a few kiosks" would cause.

There'd be a bit more queuing , but I doubt it would make a huge amount of
difference. The regular users would still sail through the non toll sections.

You'd need barriers on the non-paying lanes to stop people who need to
pay trying to get through the "free" lanes. Then you will get people
reversing into the oncoming queue to get to a pay booth.

Huh? People would be perfectly free to choose the free lanes if they want,
why would you need barriers between them and the voluntary pay by cash gates?