Old June 16th 04, 11:12 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Was No Puter' No train tickets, OT Stansted cashpoints AND Gatwick Cashpoints

In message , Al
writes
And, I put it to you that BCCI being an LDT would not have set alarm bells
ringing with you, because you did not then know that status.

Actually I did but that's neither here nor there.

Nor do you
know now which banks are similarly licensed today, though I dare say it
won't take you long to find out.

This is all very long a convoluted but it comes down to my original
assertion: while it is unlikely that XYZ bank will go bust, it is not
impossible and therefore is a risk.

But less of a risk presumably than storing money elsewhere. And
managing without some sort of bank account these days is pretty much
impossible I would imagine.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for