Old June 16th 04, 01:49 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Was No Puter' No train tickets, OT Stansted cashpoints AND Gatwick Cashpoints

In message , Al
writes

So there is some cost
associated with keeping lots of sterling with me.

50 quid is lots? Perhaps you had better consider earning a living instead of
galavanting. Whatever: there is no additional cost to keeping 50 quid with
you beyond the cost imposed with keeping your passport and return ticket
with you. Except the three seconds it takes to put the dosh with the
passport, of course.

Well, as I live in the USA it's not a "return" ticket. And perhaps you
missed the part where I said I was operating in many potential
currencies. On this occasion I'd have need closer to £100 than £50 for
the taxi.