Old December 18th 18, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Sadiq's looming poll tax moment

In message , at 11:13:46 on Tue, 18 Dec
2018, Graeme Wall remarked:

How does a smartphone app read chip and pin then? Not all cards are
contactless and not all phones have NFC.

Few smart phones don't have it now and the number of non-contactless
cards is diminishing rapidly.

The Moto G6, by no means an entry level phone, and the latest
acquisition here, doesn't. On the other hand it does have a big battery
*and* a [corded] fast-charge mode.

Which I mention because my LG smartphone has NFC and cordless charging,
but not at the same time. You have to swap phone backs.