Old December 20th 18, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Marland Marland is offline

Default Drones close Gatwick

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 07:36:41 on
Thu, 20 Dec 2018, Optimist remarked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-46623754

An effective way of reducing aircraft noise!

Police saying they don't want to shoot it down (this assumes they've
literally got it in their sights) because of stray bullets, whereas a
more appropriate technology would be a shotgun.

I had said to the missis why didn’t they just shoot the thing down,
if the Police haven’t got the right weapon I would think one of the
services would and personnel good enough.
They have had enough time to helicopter someone in from Hereford by now.

Perhaps they did need a licensed bird catcher who could launch one of those
nets they use when they need to catch birds for ringing.

How long are the batteries lasting on this thing anyway .
Can’t help thinking there is more to this than has been made public, a
threat of another drone to be launched filled with explosives or something.

As to who who would that you have the usual suspects to which you can add a
protest group against airport expansion or even someone just jealous of
those going away on holiday.

Perhaps Boltar better post every 1 hour so we know he hasn’t been hauled
in.

GH