Old December 23rd 18, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark[_4_] Mark[_4_] is offline

Default Sadiq's looming poll tax moment

wrote:
On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 13:46:15 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:36:06 on Tue, 18 Dec
2018, remarked:

Still a 30 quid limit. Useless for almost all tradesmens jobs anyway.

Apple/Android Pay don't have that limit.

Big deal. How many people use those? Or would even want to frankly.

Getting back to transport (sorry about that) I was intending to try
out Android Pay on TfL, but neither of the cards I was proposing to
associate with the App were acceptable.

In a sense odd, because using the cards natively contactless is fine.
Must be that lack-of-30quid limit when laundered through Android Pay
that's making the bank nervous. And frankly, me too.

Handing over random access to my bank account to Apple or Google makes me
very nervous which is why I'd never do it. Its bad enough when a direct debit
goes wrong but at least they're usually only once a month.

For Apple pay at least you don't hand over any bank details just credit
card