Old June 17th 04, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Routemasters in Niagara Falls (was: Bendy bus off course)

Mark Brader ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

On another matter, there are quite a number of RMs doing sight-
seeing tours at Niagara Falls ON. Look in good condition ...
But they didn't have their numbers on: anyone know which they are?

http://www.doubledecktours.com/ doesn't say, but that just means
we need to find a fan site... check out these two pages for full details.

http://members.rogers.com/rhardy0527/ddt.html
http://members.rogers.com/rhardy0527/ddt2.html

Looking through that raises a question that I've been meaning to ask for a
while...

Former British Reg No :- BSL161, LSJ872, JSJ767

Those are all "age-related" numbers issued fairly recently, and I've also
seen SSL850 on one in Oxford Street. (I've got an old VeloSolex moped
registered a very few digits later than that, first issued by Stanmore LVLO
in 2001)

Where did these buses come from?

Why did they have to be re-registered?

Considering there has to be proof of identity to get an age-related
registration, how come these buses didn't get their old numbers back?

Was it as simple as the old numbers got sold off as "cherished" spit
plates?