Old June 17th 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Beale Peter Beale is offline

Default Routemasters in Niagara Falls (was: Bendy bus off course)

In article , (Adrian) wrote:

Looking through that raises a question that I've been meaning to ask
for a while...

Former British Reg No :- BSL161, LSJ872, JSJ767

Those are all "age-related" numbers issued fairly recently, and I've
also seen SSL850 on one in Oxford Street. (I've got an old VeloSolex
moped registered a very few digits later than that, first issued by
Stanmore LVLO in 2001)

Where did these buses come from?

Why did they have to be re-registered?

Considering there has to be proof of identity to get an age-related
registration, how come these buses didn't get their old numbers back?

Was it as simple as the old numbers got sold off as "cherished"
spit

plates?

SL and SJ would have been Scottish registrations under the old system -
can't lay my hands on my 1960s Readers' Digest Book of the Road
which listed them. Could they have been some sold to Stagecoach in
Scotland, with LT hanging on to the *LT *** numbers?

--
Peter Beale