Old January 21st 19, 11:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jonathan Amery Jonathan Amery is offline

Default When the software meets the hardware

In article ,
Clive Page wrote:

I travel quite often on the new-fangled Siemens class 700 trains on Thameslink, which are fitted with passenger information screens at intervals in each carriage. Almost every day I travel I'm on a train where some or all of these screens fail, most often going completely blank part-way through the journey. Sometimes the screens spring back to life at City Thameslink or Farringdon when the power source is changed and I guess some parts of the system are rebooted, but not always. I wonder if the train companies are even aware of these problems - there's no obvious way of reporting them.

I suspect TL twitter have got bored of me sending them tweets showing
displays doing odd things...

--
Jonathan Amery. God says "Who will go for me? Who will extend my reach?
##### And who, when few will listen, will prophecy and preach?