Old January 28th 19, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Jonathan Amery Jonathan Amery is offline

Default When the software meets the hardware

In article ,
wrote:
Where are you going where you need to travel for an hour on B roads? Northern
Scotland?

Destinations included the Lake District, Mid-Wales, North York Moors,
and East Anglia (although in East Anglia I suspect those roads were
officially A roads).

Nowadays I don't own a car so...

For that matter the few motorway services I have the misfortune to
encounter are rarely even as clean as railway toilets.

Its probably a toss up with station toilets vs service station toilets for
cleanliness. But most *train* toilets are usually fairly disgusting in the
few times I've seen in.

With the exception of Sidcup station which is basic but kept nicely
clean and Kings Cross where I'm always surprised by the cleanlyness
I'd probably put the train and station toilets the other way around in
the parts of the SE I travel in regularly.

--
Jonathan Amery. For the wonders that astound us,
##### For the truths that still confound us,