Old January 29th 19, 02:10 PM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Boltar vindicated! TfL converted to Boltar's point of view! Let the
church bells ring out! I travelled in that 378 along GOBLIN today
at 13.00.

Very unusually, there were station staff on the platform and
they advised passengers to move further down the platform
as the train would be longer than normal. 387232 soon arrived
and there were empty seats available!

To prepare passengers for electric trains, the two car 172s will
now come to a halt at the end of platforms even if the exit is
at the other end. Clearly TfL expect the entire service to convert
to EMUs sooner rather than later.

It was a double first for me today. While waiting for the 378,
two westbound freight trains in succession lumbered through
Leyton Midland Road Station. I've never experienced that before.