Old January 30th 19, 09:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Sam Wilson Sam Wilson is offline

Default When the software meets the hardware

On 2019-01-29 09:37:40 +0000, said:

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 18:56:13 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:

They managed to install toilets on le shuttle with normal doors. People seem
to manage to use them.

The toilets on Le Shuttle aren’t a great example to compare things to.
They’re disgusting. Clarkson was right to **** in a bottle.

TBH I don't see the purpose of them either. The journey is only 45 mins.

You've just driven down the M20, rushing to get to your shuttle on
time, and when you make it you relax and need a pee. Makes sense to me.

FTAOD I've never been on Le Shuttle and therefore have no experience of
their tiolets, but from the description I'd guess people who use
wheelchairs don't use them at all, unless "normal doors" includes ones
that open outwards, in which case you've just created a potentially
wasted space outside the tiolet which needs to be kept clear for anyone
to use it.

Sam

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.