Old June 19th 04, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Solar Penguin Solar Penguin is offline

Default Gipsy Hill to Blackheath

"Richard J." wrote...

Solar Penguin wrote:
Here's what the TfL journey planner recommends for Gipsy Hill to
Blackheath. Wouldn't it be quicker just to take the train direct
from Gipsy Hill to London Bridge instead of all that mucking about
on different bus routes?

Your chosen starting point is evidently a bus stop on the No. 3 route,
and is 8 minutes' (default speed) walk from Gipsy Hill station.

Yeah, it looks like you're right. I'd assumed that "Gipsy Hill (SE19)"
referred to the road; possibly at the midpoint along the road, such as
somewhere near the station or the No.322 bus stop. Instead it seems to be
referring to the No.3 bus stop at the Paxton Green roundabout, not even on
Gipsy Hill at all. Very misleading.

Maybe they should change that option to something less confusing like
"Paxton Green/Gipsy Hill (SE19)". Who's responsible for the TfL journey
planner? How should I contact them and ask them to change it?