Old June 19th 04, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Was No Puter' No train tickets, OT Stansted cashpoints AND Gatwick Cashpoints

Roland Perry wrote the following in:
y.com

The reason I post my small grumbles is because it's not often that
we hear about the UK through a tourist's eyes (we just get
questions ahead of the trips, and one answer often given is to get
cash from ATMs). A friend travelled to the UK many years ago, and
had taken the precaution of getting pounds from his bank in the
USA. Unfortunately these were green paper pounds, and it was a
year after they'd been phased out here!

My girlfriend's cousin visited from America last year and I was pretty
surprised to find on the day he arrived and I tried to use his money to
buy a tube ticket for him that he'd been issued an old style £20 note.
Are banks and bureau de changes allowed to do this? And do they do it
in the UK as well as in America?

--
message by Robin May-Silk and his close friend, Robert Kilroy-Kotton
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

http://robinmay.fotopic.net
Spelling lesson: buses only has ONE s.