Old July 23rd 03, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
PRAR PRAR is offline

Default Will Travelcard Zone 6 ever expand to include Dartford stattion?

And lo, Graham Murray spake unto
us all anouncing

In uk.railway, (PRAR) writes:

Why not just have zone 7? You could put all the tube ABCD
zones into it, move the stations that are actually outside
Z6 into it and fix a few other anomalies.

As well as making a good excuse for increasing the price of an
all-zone travelcard.

Yep, you'd not be able to get the Z1-6 daily just the Z1-7.
You may need to keep the Z1-4 (it's basically an all zone
bus pass with a bit of rail validity) and the Z1-2). The
Z2-7 would replace the Z2-6 with comensurate price rise.

Does the travelcard revenue cover it's costs or is it
supported through national (SRA) and local (TFL) government
subsidy? If it's supported then some input from the other
local authorities will be required (which I can't see them
stumping up voluntarily), but if it's the reverse then why
not.

I'd try to include Caterham, Tattenham Corner, Epsom Downs,
Watford, St Albans, Dartford, Staines, Chafford Hundred and
Cheshunt in zone 7 for starters. Windsor, Woking, Slough,
etc may be a bit too far though.

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. Dick Cavett