Old June 19th 04, 01:42 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Was No Puter' No train tickets, OT Stansted cashpoints AND Gatwick Cashpoints

In message , Robin May
writes
Surely if someone had run out of cash then by definition they
wouldn't have any in their wallet.

What Al is suggesting is that people should have a "buffered wallet", so
that when they use up the "last" of their cash, then there's a note
hidden somewhere for emergencies. I can operate such a scheme (don't use
the last £20 note unless it's an emergency) without having to hide it
away. But it still means I have only £20 on me at times, and therefore
require an ATM when making a large cash purchase.