Old May 2nd 19, 12:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Marland Marland is offline

Default D trains in service for the first time today - 23-4-19

Basil Jet wrote:
On 25/04/2019 19:32, Peter Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 22:55:16 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

Geoff Marshall's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSn5_2TWcM

Not available.

It's back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg0-kA49lNc

I just noticed the buttons by the interconnecting door. I presume they
are something to do with MIPs, but I'm not sure how they function - does
either button cause both doors to swing loose? Unless the doors have
powered hinges, it would not be convenient for a MIP to go through them.

An area of the interior decor seen over his shoulder at about 9.10 is
reminiscent of the Edward Pond Murals of Network South East Days , I think
it must be the colours.
He is no longer around so it cannot be one of his designs but I wonder if
there was some inspiration there.

I think Salisbury Station still has a couple of the NSE works in the
subway, one of the surviving artefacts of that era.

GH