Old May 31st 19, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JNugent[_5_] JNugent[_5_] is offline

Default Uber and the VAT man

On 31/05/2019 09:24, Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:01:55 on Thu, 30 May
2019, Recliner remarked:

I don't know what form their subsequent internal accounting procedures
take, but if it were their practice to issue invoices to the driver, I
strongly suspect that we would have heard about that by now.

There's no need to speculate: Uber operates a weekly billing cycle,
Mon-Mon, and issues statements to drivers on Tuesdays. Their net money,
after User's fee, is then transferred to their accounts on Wednesday.

https://www.ridester.com/uber-payment/amp/

https://www.ridesharingdriver.com/how-do-uber-drivers-get-paid-and-how-to-resolve-payment-errors/

Thanks for digging that out. It is just as I expected.

One thing I noticed from those is that Uber automatically repays drivers
for any tolls they have to pay when carrying fares. But not when empty. So
if a driver carried a fare across a toll bridge/tunnel, the toll is added
to the fare and repaid to the driver. But if the driver then has to return
home empty, they have to pay the fare out of their own pocket. So that is
like a self-employed cabbie, not an employee.

Taxi fare schedules with which i am familiar specify that any toll on
the outward journey is doubled, so as to cater for the return journey.

So that's a difference where Uber is concerned, not a similarity.