Old June 2nd 19, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default Uber and the VAT man

On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 10:25:48 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:14:05 on Sun, 2 Jun
2019, remarked:
That problem is easily solved by visiting a shop and buying the goods there.

Not really, even not-that-local shops don't have most of the things I
buy online. Let alone the range of choice, or open Sundays.

Unless you're buying dilithium for a warp drive you're building in your
shed I'd be rather surprised if you couldn't find it in a shop.

When you have a full time job you can't wait in for some oik in a van to show
up sometime between 8am-8pm so end up collecting from the delivery office or
depot anyway. Whats the point?

We have neighbours, and they take parcels in. Other stuff fits through

Yeah, and then when you go and collect them the neighbours are out or, as
happened to my wife a few years back, they'd gone on holiday the same day and
she had to wait a week to get her parcel. Also we've stopped accepting parcels
for a certain neighbour who seems to order something every week, we're not the
bloody post office.