Old June 3rd 19, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Uber and the VAT man

On Sun, Jun 02, 2019 at 08:14:05AM +0000, wrote:
On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 08:45:55 +0100 Roland Perry wrote:
The "silently post a card through the letterbox" syndrome is different,
and is more likely to be caused by the driver discovering the parcel o
his delivery list isn't in his van after all, but he has to register an
attempted delivery to make his quota. Amazon is likely better at
ensuring the vans are properly loaded at the depot.

That problem is easily solved by visiting a shop and buying the goods there.
When you have a full time job you can't wait in for some oik in a van to show
up sometime between 8am-8pm so end up collecting from the delivery office or
depot anyway. Whats the point?

Taking my most recent Amazon order as an example, I probably could find
all the items in shops within a few miles, but I'd have to visit them
all in turn and spend most of Saturday doing so. Better by far to have
Amazon deliver to me. If they try to deliver while I'm out I can tell
them what day to try again (I can make sure that I'm working at home on
that day) or I can make one trip to their depot to pick everything up,
and then I can spend Saturday doing something better with my time like
cricket.

In practice, for most stuff I have them deliver to me at work, I only
have really bulky stuff delivered to me at home.

--
David Cantrell