Old June 19th 19, 08:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Latest Heathrow master plan

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 19/06/2019 00:15, Basil Jet wrote:
On 18/06/2019 20:02, JNugent wrote:
On 18/06/2019 18:24, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 18/06/2019 09:52, Recliner wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48668001

Total waste of time. A far better plan would have been a second runway
at Gatwick.

...or a new terminal and a few road improvements - and maybe a rail
spur - at Manston.

I think the extra runway is to steal the intercontinental passengers who
are currently transferring at Schiphol, so I don't see how a new terminal
at Manston is going to help.

It would mean that many short haul travellers in Kent and South East
Sussex would not have to slog over to Heathrow or even over to Stansted or
Gatwick, thereby reeieving them of the need to use the M25.

for most of them Gatwick is easier than Manston could ever be

and I doubt very much that taking airport customers off the M25 would make a
visible dent in the congestion on that road

tim