Old June 19th 19, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Latest Heathrow master plan

In message , at 15:12:57 on Tue, 18 Jun
2019, Recliner remarked:
But, given Stansted's spare capacity, I don't think it will be even
requesting a second runway any time soon.

Apart from this (admittedly old) one?

http://stopstanstedexpansion.com/maps.html

That proposal was abandoned years ago by the previous owner. The current
owner shows no interest in investing in a new runway.

Sure, but there's a plan on the back burner. It takes decades for these
things to mature.

So are you agreeing or disagreeing with what I said ("I don't think it will
be even requesting a second runway any time soon")?

Depends what you mean by "soon". Apparently 2050 is the kind of
timescale these airports are planned around, plus however long the 3rd
runway has already been in the pipeline.

Should the current LHR plan "hit the buffers", Stansted have a
mothballed plan they might well decide to dust off.