Old June 25th 19, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default District 150

In message , at 11:26:03 on Tue, 25
Jun 2019, Marland remarked:

most Steam tours pass unnoticed nowdays as they are no longer that rare
compared with the situation a couple of decades ago when a local
newspaper would consider a steam train passing worth a mention.

https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/n...train-to-come-
through-sussex-this-weekend-full-list-of-times-for-each-station-
1-8971673

I did say most not none, that report is unusually detailed compared to
many.

It's typical of the reports I've seen in East Anglia, where if anything
we get fewer steam tours at the moment than say 5-10yrs ago.

But Tornado/FlyingScotsman have been sufficiently prolific recently that
perhaps some of the novelty has worn off.

I did go to Shippea Hill to view Tornado, but it wasn't that
spectacular. A bit like Metro#1, virtually no smoke or steam, and
could just as well have been electric.

Here's the local paper announcing a FS trip

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...ying-scotsman-
trains-cambridge-ely-13877335