Old July 1st 19, 02:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default London pollution monitoring

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 15:06:20 on Mon, 1 Jul 2019,
tim... remarked:

as I said, on level ground, Neutral works just as well

And as Roland correctly said, it's less safe.

for a tiny possibility

You should always have a
brake on when stationary.

so you say

I hope it would be a driving test failure not to have any brake on.

and who drives as per the test 40 years later?

In an important safety matter such as this?

on the one in a million chance I'm going to be rear ended

get real

It's trivial compared to the number of times a week I might slip one or two
miles over the speed limit in a built up area

Or the number of times a week I see people jump the lights as they are
turning red. - I try not to do that, but now that I have moved much of my
travel to being a bus passenger I am amazed at the number of times the [1]
bus driver does this

tim

[1] that's not the same bus driver every time I use the bus, feel free to
correct my grammar here.