Old July 14th 19, 01:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was covering for brother

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 11:11:38 on Sun, 14 Jul 2019,
tim... remarked:

Then there's a few phones which need a "5v" SIM, and don't work with a
3v one. Those SIMs are getting harder to find (some say that it's only
Pound-shop Orange SIMs these days,

Thinks

why would someone pay even as much as a pound for a SIM?

Because that's what the shops charge,

Is it. Higher than I have seen, 50p earlier this week (forget where)

and stealing them is a crime.

Yes, very funny

I've paid as little as 1P for a SIM in Tesco, and both I and the checkout
assistant were surprised (the shelf was marked 99p)

My last one was sent to me for free

But they've been trained to believe what the till tells them.

That came with some free data for the first month, so not merely a bit of
plastic needing topping up.

I think my free one came with some credit. AIH that was worthless to me as
I only need it to convert a full sized SIM into a nano SIM.

Sainsbury's Mobile used to have some offers (their project flopped and
they did desperate stuff to try to kick start it).

They didn't do anything differently to others trying to enter the market

their problem was they came to the market too late

tim