Old July 15th 19, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was covering for brother

In message , at 13:27:51 on Mon, 15
Jul 2019, Marland remarked:

My SIM was from Virgin on some sort of pay as you go / contract hybrid
that I cannot remember the name of but I think Roland Perry has mentioned
in the past.

iirc they call that "pay monthly". It's a bit like a post-payment PAYG
account, with no ongoing commitment such as you'd have with a classic
contract.

My only remaining Virgin SIM is classic pre-pay PAYG, and I think one of
the disadvantages of that was the roaming charges were very high,
whereas the "Pay Monthly" roaming was cheaper than most contract phones,
at least to begin with back in the day.

Because of my lifestyle at the time, the majority of my mobile calls
were made while I was abroad. (When in the UK, I had landlines at home
and in the office, and the railway commute was largely a long thin
not-spot).