Old July 19th 19, 06:14 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was covering for brother

In message , at 23:19:05 on Thu, 18
Jul 2019, MissRiaElaine remarked:

I have a landline installed but it’s never had a telephone connected to it.
In the previous place I lived, I did have a telephone connected, and the
only calls I ever received were for previous users of that number.

If you have a landline, surely it's cheaper to use it for calls than a
mobile..? For us, it's still cheaper to use our landline than a mobile.
As I said, a mobile is an emergency device for us, 99.9% of the calls
we make can wait until we're home.

ObRail: Most of the calls I get from the family's mobiles are "I'm at
the station five miles away, the train's been cancelled, can you come
and pick me up". Which by definition *can't* wait until they get home!!

Or when I'm out and get a call on the mobile: "Can you pick up X at the
shop", which can't wait until *I* get home.