Old July 19th 19, 01:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was coveringfor brother

On 19/07/2019 06:52, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:31:24 on Thu, 18
Jul 2019, MissRiaElaine remarked:
On 18/07/2019 15:18, Roland Perry wrote:

Networks have tried hard over the years to introduce their equivalent
ofÂ* "standing charges" to fight back a little bit. One I'll be
writing aboutÂ* later (in more detail) in another subthread, is the O2
requirement thatÂ* PAYG phones wanting to use the tube Wifi are topped
up at least once aÂ* month.

A standing charge equals a contract. Making someone top up monthly is
effectively forcing them onto one in all but name.

It's a slight discount, because the typical top-up would be £10 and the
typical contract £30. And because you can stop any time you like (apart
from some more recent hybrid plans that include a partly-subsidised
phone) it's not in any sense a "contract".

Semantics. In all but name it is. If you have to pay a certain amount of
money each month regardless of how much you use it, then to me it's a
contract.

--
Ria in Aberdeen