Old July 19th 19, 02:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train wascovering for brother

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 19/07/2019 12:20, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:

I use a lot of mobile data when I’m out and about - on the bus, travelling
by train, sitting in the park, on breaks at work etc. Mostly it’s social
media, maps, messaging and web browsing, including uploading photographs of
days out etc. My laptop often doesn’t get switched on from one month to the
next, I do almost everything I would have used that for, on my phone now.

Hmmm, ok if that's what floats your boat I suppose, but I find fiddling
with phones for that sort of thing extremely tiresome. The laptop comes
with me if I'm away overnight anywhere, and I can do things on a
reasonably sized keyboard and a 14" screen. Nothing I need to do online
is so urgent it can't wait until I'm back wherever I'm staying.

"Social media" are two words that should never have been combined in the
same sentence if you ask me. I've seen teenagers on the bus
communicating with each other by FarceBuke or whatever when they could
just as easily turn their heads and open their mouths. Why..??!!

Usenet is social media

Facebook is a great way of keeping up to date with friends and
acquaintances who I don’t see for years at a time and don’t have any need
to communicate with regularly on a 1-to-1 basis. It’s also great for
discussions between like-minded individuals on specific topics - rather
like Usenet was back in the day, except that discussions can be controlled
by group admins and trolls can be blocked! Currently the group about GA’s
new Stadler and Bombardier stock is very informative, while the 4 different
HST groups are full of wibble about 43002. The Southend Pier Railway group
continues to teach me new things about one of my favourite railways,
various tram groups (old, new, British and worldwide) are very interesting,
and I’ve learned more about Japanese railways than I thought I could ever
know!

Anna Noyd-Dryver