Old July 19th 19, 03:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default 4G on the tube

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:52:06 on Fri, 19 Jul
2019, Recliner remarked:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 19/07/2019 11:09, John Williamson wrote:
On 19/07/2019 07:41, Roland Perry wrote:
A spin-off from the 4g replacement for Airwave, it says. Which could
mean only EE customers will benefit. [Heigh ho, another reason for
getting a dual-SIM phone].

Or another reason not to go for EE. ;-)

Especially not at 15p for a text message, when I can send one for 2p on O2.

I think, for a lot of people, WhatsApp has replaced testing.

The ability to set up small (in effect) cc groups makes it a genuine
killer app.

Yes, that seems to be the key feature. It also compresses so they transmit
quickly, using little data.

Also now that bandwidth is so much more readily available it
effortlessly does what MMS never did manage to popularise.

For many users it has also replaced not just Skype, but voice calls in
general (especially International).

Yes, much cheaper, or even effectively free.