Old July 19th 19, 07:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Dual SIM phones was:Worker killed by Southern train was covering for brother

In message , at 15:32:43 on Fri, 19
Jul 2019, Marland remarked:

There are probably quite a few people in their late 50’s who look
with askance at young people communicating in the various ways now
possible , and forget that they sat within an old car chatting with
their friends also sat in various older cars parked a few yards away in
the same car park using a technically illegal CB radio because they
could and it was a little bit naughty.

Although I was never licenced (and hence never practised) myself, I used
to hang out when I was still at school with sundry "2 Metre" radio hams
(as they hate to be called). A couple of them even had cars with mobile
equipment in. Not bad for almost 50yrs ago. Transistorised too (which
was how I got into electronics, really, and see how that turned out).

Later, this bunch of retrobates: https://www.g6uw.org/introduction